The most ADVANCED & TRUSTED battery charger in power sports – CAN-bus edition.
OptiMate 4 Dual Program CAN-bus edition includes two charging programs; program 1 is for direct charging of a battery, program 2 allows safe and unsupervised charging through a BMW motorcycle’s CAN-bus controlled 12V socket.
OptiMate 4 CAN-bus edition is delivered with program 2 pre-selected.
Special features in CAN-bus program:
-Automatic KEY-LESS activation and continued maintenance until charger is disconnected.
-Safe low voltage pulse desulphation.
-CHARGING AMPS : 1A (constant current)
-USE : Indoor / Outdoor (lowest temperature: -40°F / -40°C).
-SAVE : Low Volt Start of 0.5V + 2-step* desulphation recovery (*1-step low volt pulse save during CAN-bus mode).
-IDEAL FOR : STD, AGM & GEL 12V batteries from 3 – 50Ah.
-INPUT : Global (100-240V 50-60Hz), high efficiency (CEC listed), fully sealed.
-STYLE : Weatherproof case with wall mounts, with 6ft / 180cm AC supply lead and 6ft / 180cm charge lead ending in SAE connector. BIKE 180° plug adapter-extender & standard battery clip set included.
-SAFE: No risk of overcharging. Totally safe for vehicle electronics. Sparks suppressed. Safe for long-term battery maintenance. Automatic shut-down if short-circuited or battery disconnected. 3-year limited replacement warranty.
How it works
1. Switch between STANDARD or CAN-BUS program with a simple 5 step procedure: connect clamps together, connect to mains, wait for the LED’s to confirm program change, disconnect clamps. You can switch programs as many times as you want. LED indication confirms the CAN-BUS program is active.
2. Safety check: OptiMate 4 DUAL PROGRAM will proceed to charge if the battery voltage can remain above 2V during the initial start up diagnosis, even if the battery was at 0.5V before connection.
3. Functionality: OptiMate 4 DUAL PROGRAM microprocessor checks the system for correct operation (LEDs flash briefly to confirm).
4. Pre-qualification test: OptiMate 4 DUAL PROGRAM indicates the battery condition prior to charging.
5. Desulfation and recovery: STANDARD (up to 16V) engages automatically to recover neglected, flat batteries from a sulfated to a chargeable state. For badly neglected batteries TURBO stage (max 22V) engages if vehicle electronics are not detected, or battery is out of the vehicle. Turbo stage is disabled with CAN-bus program selection. The safe low voltage PULSE recovery engages for the final 15 minutes.
6. Bulk charge: a constant current of 0.8A is delivered until the voltage reaches 14.3V.
7. Absorption and equalization: Current is delivered in pulses to bring the battery to full charge in the shortest possible time.
8. Charge verification and short circuit / dead cell check: Charge acceptance is monitored, to detect internal damage and prevent unnecessary charging of an unrecoverable battery that cannot be recovered. An undamaged battery requiring further charging will revert to pulsed absorption.
9. Voltage retention test: is conducted for 30 minutes during which no charge current is delivered, with 5 possible test results indicating the battery's general state of health. The pre-qualification test can be used to detect batteries that may hold a charge initially, but lose charge overnight.
10. Charge maintenance: a voltage of 13.6V is delivered for 30 minutes following each voltage retention test, with charge current up to the maximum available to sustain it against natural self-discharge or current drain from permanently active vehicle components (LCD display, computer control) or connected accessories (alarm, immobilizer). The voltage retention test and charge maintenance periods continue alternating half-hourly until the battery is disconnected. The test result is updated during each subsequent test.
CAN-bus program: the KEY-LESS activation program guarantees automatic re-opening of the connection even with the ignition not turned on.
The alternating test and charge maintenance program is designed to provide the recommended maintenance voltage for AGM / GEL batteries whilst reducing the average voltage as required by STD filler cap batteries, making it ideal and 100% safe for long term maintenance charging, of any type of 12V lead-acid battery. NOTE: Not for LiFePO4 or lithium batteries, for these applications please use the Optimate Lithium (LiFe) Battery Charger.
-Approved to UL & CSA safety standards for battery chargers.
-3 year limited warranty.
OptiMate 4 Dual Program CAN-BUS Battery Charger w/BMW Adapter
Produced by Tecmate of North America